Monday, April 23, 2012

How do you do it???



I am often asked, “HOW DO YOU DO IT WITH FOUR BOYS???” Some days I just laugh and wonder myself. Other days I contribute my ability to “DO IT” with my ability to multi-task and my schedule. I guess in all honesty I just never realized what all I really did till I began to take note of my daily activities and until I began school.

Taking on the added task of school with all elementary age children, has definitely taught me a few things or two about “HOW TO DO IT WITH FOUR BOYS!” As a result, I am often asked to share with fellow classmates my secrets in being a full time mom and student. Many speculate assuming that my husband must pick up the slack in helping out. Unfortunately that is not the case in this home. He works in the wonderful (sarcasm here) world of the oilfield and is out two weeks and home one week (normally). So in many cases I am a part time single parent, if that makes sense.

So what is it that I do? Simple! Organization, time management, prioritizing, and of course, plenty of patience! No secret here. Organizing my day and my life has always been key. This insures I get things done! Time management… enough said! There are some great apps on the Android phones (not sure about IPhones sorry) to help with this or a simple calendar. Dry erase boards work great too! Prioritizing, this is a huge one! How important is this or that, compared to this or that? I am constantly asking myself this all the time! And lastly, patience. I often think that I am lacking in this department, just to be told I am the most patient person someone has known. Still not buying that, but nevertheless, stepping back, slowing down, and being patient, helps tremendously.

Really, most know all of this, but I am hoping that those who ask me all the time or make the comment “I just don’t know how you do it with four boys.” will see and read this. It’s really not hard, and quite frankly I do not have much choice (joking).

Being a mom, that is me. Chaos, that is my life. I honestly could not imagine it any other way and probably wouldn’t want it any other way!

Until next time, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment